Investigating or beginning homeschooling? Want to re-evaluate, refresh, & tune up your approach? Or need to meet state requirements? This 10-hour, Online Video Course is for you — and it meets the requirements for a Parent Qualifying Course!
- What homeschooling IS and IS NOT both Biblically & legally
- Determining foundational Biblical & personal criteria for YOUR homeschooling decisions
- Where to start & when with children of different ages
- Overview of education approaches & curricula options
- Hopping over homeschool hurdles
- Biblical family relationships &child training—Part 1
- Keeping going by keeping God’s focus … and more
- Fresh & do-able curriculum/educational options for upper grades
- Getting it all in with a workable plan for YOUR family
- Biblical family relationships & child training – Part 2
- Inspiring your children to love learning
- Teaching practical skills
- Testing & record keeping options
- Preparing your child for adulthood
- Creative ways to augment your homeschool program
- Finishing well for God’s glory… and more.
- “Was so blessed!”
- “The information was so valuable and necessary.”
- “Thankful for this class and can’t wait to implement the things I learned.”
- “Great content; Thank you both very much for your encouragement and sharing your experience and knowledge.”
- “I was glad to hear your session on curriculum choices. And also to hear some of the dangers of some homeschool methods. Thank you for all of the inspiration and practical tips”
- “I learned more than I thought I would learn. Your display of resources and your list of helpful materials was very helpful. I look forward to another seminar.”
- “Good balance between topics/teaching style w/both Susan & Mary. Thank you for this blessing!”
- “The information shared and heart with which it was presented was excellent. Thank you for pouring yourselves out for us.”
- “It was really good to be reminded that we are homeschooling for much more than education. We are really discipling our children in all walks of life for the glory of GOD.”
- “Most helpful! Thank you very much for sharing your heart with us. All the practical advice was great. Thank you again!”
- “Wonderful resources, helpful anecdotes and strategies. Thank you for sharing so much. Many of us grew up without these kinds of examples and structure.”
- “Well spoken; lots of data that I needed. Good reminder of the priorities we should have for our children.”
- “I really enjoyed the classes, they helped me a lot, and I will use everything I learned. … I know the Lord put me in this path (class) for a reason.”
- Numerous prospective and current homeschooling parents have had little discipleship themselves—especially pertaining to the “start to finish” home-based education & discipleship of their children.
- Others, who were discipled well, find they now need to think thoroughly and systematically through the many options and decisions to be made as they pursue discipling & educating their own precious ones.
- In addition, numbers of well-experienced homeschooling parents feel they need a refreshing boost & renewed inspiration to move beyond their current status and to finish well.
- And finally, many Christian homeschooling parents lack the Parent Qualifying Certification specified in the WA State Home-Based Instruction Law when neither parent has 45 quarter credit hours from a post-secondary educational institution. And these parents are seeking a PQC that is firmly grounded in God’s Word and with the primary goal of training their children for God’s glory.
- Homeschooling Basics Biblically & Legally–What It IS and What It IS NOT
- The Key to Christ-Centered Homeschooling-Part 1
- Homeschooling Approaches & Curricula: Choosing the Best for YOUR Family
- Getting It All In: Making Workable Plans for YOUR Family
- The Key to Christ-Centered Homeschooling-Part 2
- Homeschooling the Primary & Secondary Years: Curriculum, Record Keeping, Testing, & More —You Can Do It!
- “Keeping Your Child’s HEART – All the Way Through”Finishing Well & Preparing Your Children for the Future
First, you may take this seminar online or onsite in various locations around the state. There are advantages to both:
- Participate in the extensive Q&A sessions, interact with the instructors during breaks & meal time, and get to know others attending the sessions.
- Peruse the extensive home-based discipleship resources on display.
- Take the seminar whenever it fits your schedule and without leaving your home.
- Pause the sessions to take notes and replay them as many times as you wish.
You may take the seminar as a “Seminar Only” or you can take the seminar as a state approved “Parent Qualifying Course,” if needed.
- This option requires taking the entire seminar plus completing additional assignments in order to receive a Diploma of Certification to Homeschool.
- The certification makes it legal in Washington to home educate with no outside supervision of any sort. (see “Why This Course?” above).
- Enroll in the seminar simply for your own edification and encouragement.
- This option entails no assignments or requirements.
- Choosing and reading one book from the supplied list of helpful books, as well as reading all materials provided in the handouts.
- Writing brief pieces pertaining to the seminar content and the reading you have done.
- Completing these assignments within the specified time limit.
Seminar & Qualifying Course………$95
- 8 hours of video instruction
- Permanent video download
- Downloadable handouts
- Handouts may be duplicated, in their entirety, for group viewing.
- Video may not be duplicated & given to others for any reason.
- Video & handouts © Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington
What Is a PQC?
According to the Washington State Home-based Instruction Law, parents may homeschool their own children if:
- One parent has 45 college quarter credits (or its equivalent, 30 semester credits),
- Or if they are “supervised by a certificated person,”
- Or if they are “deemed sufficiently qualified” by the local superintendant of schools
- Or if they have completed a course in home-based education through “a post-secondary institution or vocational/technical institute.” (quotes from HSLDA Summary of WA Homeschool Law) Such courses are commonly called a “Parent Qualifying Courses.”
Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington offers this course to allow parents to fulfill the law with a valuable, encouraging, Bible-based course focused on
NOTE: While it may be helpful to do so, a PQC NEED NOT BE COMPLETED BEFORE BEGINNING TO HOMESCHOOL.
So What’s the Difference between the “Homeschooling Start to Finish” Seminar & the PQC?
The PQC requires one or both parents to:
- Participate in/watch the entire “Homeschooling Start to Finish” Seminar.
- Read and write a brief summary of one book of your choice from our PQC Reading List.
- Write brief summaries of A) specified materials in our HStF handouts and B) certain portions of the HStF seminar.
- Complete assignment descriptions and instructions are included in the HStF/PQC Handout Packet.
- For PQC certification, all assignments must be submitted to the instructors within 2 months 1) the onsite seminar date, or 2) the online course registration date.
Cascade Bible College (www.idicollege.org) sponsors the Christian Heritage “Homeschooling Start to Finish” Parent Qualifying Course and issues diplomas to those who complete it.
In contrast, “Seminar Only” registrants:
- Attend/watch the seminar.
- Receive a the handout packet.
- Have no course requirements and receive no certificate of completion.