The year of our Lord 2020 has been an interesting one! We have seen some historic events unfold before us and surely there will be more to come.
Resting in Him: Here at Christian Heritage we pray you and your family are resting in the Lord and enjoying the peace that passes all understanding! While I am sure Philippians 4 is familiar to you, I would encourage you to read this once again in light of the current social turmoil. Spend a few minutes reading and discussing this with your family.
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;” — Philippians 4:4-6, NKJV
Preparing for Battle: For three decades we have enjoyed relative peace in regard to homeschool freedoms and family policy. These freedoms we have been enjoying were fought for by previous generations of passionate fathers and mothers. These parents were willing to do battle on behalf of all families seeking to raise a Godly offspring. They did this because of the principles they held to and were convicted of from God’s Word. Unfortunately, it is most likely that this trend will not continue without the fervent prayers of Gods people and future zealous warriors of the truth. There is a rising tide of active opposition to the family and specifically to those who desire to educate their children at home. We need to be on our knees repenting to our Maker, the Lord Jesus Christ, and raising up warriors for Him who can fight these new battles.
Now these are the nations which the Lord left, that He might test Israel by them, that is, all who had not known any of the wars in Canaan this was only so that the generations of the children of Israel might be taught to know war, at least those who had not formerly known it…” — Judges 3:1-2, NKJV
Steadfast Commitments: Though this year has been an unusual one, we are still very dedicated to you and to all the homeschooling families across Washington State and the PNW. We have seen a huge increase in new-to-homeschooling families and have been working tirelessly to meet their needs. We have also been working diligently to develop ways to continue serving our veteran homeschoolers. But this work cannot continue without the generous and continued support of people like you. In order to ensure that your gifts and partnership with us are being used to further God’s kingdom and to equip parents to educate and disciple their children to the glory of God, we submit the following 10 commitments.
Christian Heritage is committed to:
- Honoring God in all we do.
- Advocating for families across Washington State.
- Upholding the God-given responsibility of home-based discipleship and education that is parent-directed, free from government control, and Christ-centered to the glory of God.
- Equipping parents to Biblically disciple and educate their children through events, instruction, training, resources, and support.
- Helping you to catch, maintain, and achieve the vision of CH to teach and disciple your children.
- Continuing to provide regional and statewide events to give you encouragement and practical instruction on many topics of concern and interest to homeschooling families.
- Offering an informative website, periodic emails, recordings of our event messages for through-the-year encouragement, support group leaders help & support, as well as other materials and resources to get you started and keep you going in the exciting homeschool adventure.
- Meeting the need of the New-To-Homeschooling community.
- Preserving your right to educate your children as you choose.
- Doing all to the Glory of God.
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.” — Jeremiah 17:7-8, NKJV
We ask that you prayerfully consider supporting us financially with a generous year end gift. In doing so you will be making an investment in the lives of likeminded families desiring to educate and disciple their children at home. As always, we covet your on-going prayers for the ministry.
Blessings on you and your family,