“Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.” 1 Timothy 2:1-6 (NKJV)
Tomorrow millions of Americans will gather across the country to pray. As Christians we are no stranger to the idea of prayer, or at least we ought not to be! Yet sadly, we all too often fail to do that which is so simple.
It is truly amazing that Yahweh, the God of heaven and earth, would commune with us! God has communicated truth about himself to us through his written word – and we in response to this truth and in light of all He has accomplished for us, offer up prayers to Him. These prayers are a sweet smelling aroma to God and pleasing to Him!
God’s word exhorts us to pray. In 1 Timothy, Paul calls believers to pray for a few specific things and we at Christian Heritage would like to encourage you to join us tomorrow as we pray together for the following:[bullet_list icon=”check”]
- Pray for the Leaders of our Nation, States, Counties and Cities.
- Pray that those leaders would fear the Lord and govern according to His statutes.
- Pray that godly men and women would be raised up to serve in these offices.
- Offer up thanksgiving for the freedoms we enjoy! Freedom to worship, pray and homeschool.
- Pray for our pastors, teachers and other church leaders.
- Thank God that we are able to lead quiet and peaceable lives!
- Pray for Christian Heritage that Gods work though CH would continue in a powerful way.
- Pray for each other in the homeschool community as we desire to honor God in our families!
- Pray that God would do a mighty work in the hearts of many, that men and women everywhere might repent and turn to our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ!
Neil & Mary Craig | Michael & Susan Bradrick | Pastor Tim & Ruth Roth | Tim & Gina Booy | Luke & Lisa Peterson